My very first diwali sweet recipe post. Referred this from popular food blogger’s site Jeyashri’s Kitchen.
This is a famous sweet in North Arcot District of TamilNadu. Here comes my version of this sweet.
Gulab Jamoon Mix: 1 cup
Sugar: 1 and 1/2 cup
Milk: 3-4 Tblsp
Dry Fruits: 2-3 Tblsp
Water for sugar syrups: 1 n 1/2 Cups
Oil: To Deep Fry
I added badam, pista and dry grapes for stuffing in the jamoon.
- Chop the nuts finely.
- Use the milk to knead the jamun mix as a soft dough without any cracks.
- Cover it n keep aside for 10 mins.
- In a pan add the water and sugar as directed. After the sugar dissolves, switch off the flame.
- Then, start making jamoons.Grease your hands with ghee or oil.Take a small lemon size dough and make it as a ball. Next,slightly flatten it in center and stuff it with dry fruits.
- Kindly note that keep the dough covered till u finish making jamoons.
- Make the size of jamoon small since it may tend to expand when soaked in sugar syrup.
- Meanwhile heat the oil for deep frying the jamoons. When it becomes hot, bring the flame to medium/normal.
- After deep frying all the jamoons, put it in the sugar syrup. Make sure that sugar syrup is warm when adding the jamoons to it.
- Serve it chill or as it is..
Yummy makkan jamoon is ready. Hope you all like this post. Wishing you all a very happy diwali 2014 folks.. Enjoy the festive season!!